What's in a crest?
The Vision of faith, our motto, was born out of the vision of our founders - faithful men and women who responded to the dream God placed in their hearts.
The Crown speaks of Christ the King
The Cross speaks of Christ the Saviour
The Shield speaks of Faith in Christ
The Book speaks of the Word of God and of Learning
The Orb speaks of the Sovereignty of the Father
The Dove speaks of the Holy Spirit and of Worship
The Athlete speaks of Redeemed Mankind striving towards the Mark and of Physical Endeavour
‘Visio Fidei’ (Vision of Faith) speaks to our Faith in God
After many months of negotiation and planning by members of the Tea Tree Gully Baptist Church, Tea Tree Gully Christian School was founded in February 1983, with a complement of 38 students (Reception-Year 7).
The rate of growth tripled, reaching 85 students (with four staff) in a relocatable building by 1985 (the ‘Church campus’). The Board decided to search for a ‘home campus’ and plan for eventual extension with secondary levels.
Land was temporarily leased opposite the Church and the provision of a second larger relocatable building (the Angove Building) eventuated. It was decided to seek the allocation of a Golden Grove allotment as a provider of educational facilities (Reception-Year 12) within the proposed Golden Grove development.
On 7 February, 1989, the School's new Wynn Vale campus opened, renamed King’s Baptist Grammar School, with a complement of 300 students from primary to secondary years.
In 2020, our new Early Learning Centre was opened. In 2021, we celebrated the opening of the King's Community Centre - a joint venture with King's Baptist Church, to inspire hope and help people and their families do life better, together.
Into the Future
2022 will see the opening of a new middle school building, and 2023 will see the opening of our new campus in the Adelaide Hills.
Where has our journey taken us?
- From the first 38 students to a school of more than 1,000 children
- A reputation as a school with outstanding academic results
- A community where the School and Church live, work, play and worship together
- A wonderful single campus with four individual sub-schools, and a new campus in development, set to open in the Adelaide Hills in 2023
- A modern Junior School facility and an Early Learning Centre to provide a seamless transition to school
- A Middle School and Senior School offering in modern facilities, providing excellent learning spaces
- Integrated use of computers and hand-held devices in classrooms as a tool for learning
- A leadership program for students, preparing them for their transition into life beyond school
- A student body able to resolve playground issues, listen respectfully to each other and act responsibly in their family and community
- Social action taken by students as acts of service to support others in the local and global community
- A committed parent body who are passionate about our School and work hard to support it in a variety of ways
- A high-quality before and after school hours care program