Last week, several of our Year 11s and Year 12s took part in the annual Rijken Cup - and what a week it was! Our FISHER Principles were on full display throughout the week; all athletes played phenomenally in every event (including netball, basketball, volleyball, soccer, touch football and table tennis), and ultimately were named the winners for 2023, taking out the top spot for the second year in a row!
Most importantly, we were able to witness our students' outstanding sportspersonship, not only towards their fellow classmates but also towards the other schools who participated in the event.
Congratulations to all involved.
Adrian McDonald, HPE Learning Area Leader
- Day 1, Monday: Netball at the Lights Sports Centre. The girls placed 1st and won their Grand Final 46-26. The boys placed 7th.
- Day 2, Tuesday: Mixed Touch at the Adelaide Touch Fields. Our mixed touch team had a great overall day placing 2nd.
- Day 3, Wednesday: Soccer at the Adelaide University Ground in North Adelaide. Both our boys’ and girls’ soccer teams played spectacularly and placed 1st. Wednesday was the first day of the camp for the entire squad which saw them enjoy their stay at the West Beach Parks.
- Day 4, Thursday: Basketball at the Lights Sports Centre. Our girls team did fantastic to finish in 1st place. Unfortunately, our boys didn’t do as well finishing up in 6th place, who were up against some strong and fierce competition. This proved to be a long day starting at 10am and finishing up at 8pm… It is safe to say the team was pretty tired at this point.
- Day 5, Friday: Volleyball and Table Tennis at the Lights Sports Centre. In our volleyball the boys placed 5th whilst the girl’s team did incredibly to finish in 2nd place. They showed great resilience in an electrifying Grand Final. Table tennis was held also which saw skill and focus on display from our teams. Our girls team finished up in 2nd place, whilst the boys team won the Grand Final.
The full photo gallery is available for families to view on the King's App.