We are pleased to announce that King’s Baptist Grammar School has been named as a finalist in the 2023 South Australian Training Awards, in the category of VET Innovation for Schools.
"This award recognises excellence in schools that are developing innovative and new mechanisms for encouraging VET pathways in their schools so that their models and programs can be publicised and shared with schools across the state."
- South Australian Skills Commission Website
Robyn Footer, Leader of Student Futures, has championed our VET initiatives in the Senior School and has been instrumental in opening pathways for students to secure VET qualifications while completing their SACE. Robyn is pictured below with some of our students who have completed VET courses over their Senior schooling:
- Madi (school-based trainee at milk + honey, Certificate III in Hospitality)
- Coby (school-based trainee at King’s Baptist Grammar School, Certificate III in Business)
- Brayden (Certificate II in Electrotechnology Career Start)
- Harry, Elliot and Abbey (Certificate III in Fitness)
- Jack (Certificate III in Information Technology)
- Jared (Certificate III in Christian Ministry and Theology)
- Alysha (Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care)
King’s Baptist Grammar School is nominated alongside Eudunda Area School and Cardijn College – both of whom have developed exceptional VET programs. It is an honour to be nominated alongside them.
The winner for the VET Innovation for Schools award will be announced at the Awards Gala Dinner on Thursday, 21 September.
We commend Robyn for her work in the space of Student Futures and congratulate her on this remarkable achievement.