Our goal is to create a centre of excellence for children aged three to five years of age.
Our philosophy outlines the set of beliefs commonly held by our community of learners. It defines who we are, what we believe about people, and how we create an environment where learning can flourish.
Children are God’s gift and are all unique, born full of potential and ready to be active explorers and contributors to society. We acknowledge with respect, the unique position of the Kaurna people as the traditional owners and custodians of the land upon which King’s Early Learners is built.
- That an environment of loving kindness, nurturing and responsive care switches on and releases children’s full social, emotional, intellectual and spiritual potential.
- That all human beings are innately curious, powerful to express their thoughts and feelings, and actively looking to make a positive contribution to the world.
- That children’s emotional intelligence and capabilities are strengthened through positive guidance and role modelling from peers and adults.
- That all children are innately connected to the natural world and free exploration of nature helps to facilitate development of their social, emotional, intellectual, physical and spiritual
- That children are capable of expressing themselves in many different languages and it is the job of educators to listen and co-construct knowledge in the journey of learning.
- That play is the highest form of research and that it is the highest expression of human development, of a child’s knowledge, and their own soul.
- That an environment filled with beauty and order will inspire creativity, wonder and curiosity that will aid children in expressing who they are and what they are learning.
- That parents are the child’s first teacher and that it is a privilege to co-share the responsibility of education and wellbeing. We believe it ‘takes a village to raise a child’ and that our village will be strengthened by timely communication.