- Summer: Term 4 and 1
- Winter: Term 2 and 3
This is a social league offered to Yr. 2 - Yr. 10 King's students. The teams are coordinated at the beginning of each season based on date of birth, and not on skill level. The age groups available are as follows:
King's basketball players are to wear a King's basketball singlet which is available from the PE office with King's PE shorts and white socks.
Games & Training
Games are played on Saturdays indoors in the local area. The training days and times are as follows:
- U/8: No Training
- U/10 Monday: 3:30pm-4:30pm
- U/12 Tuesday: 3:30pm-4:30pm
- U/14 Wednesday: 3:30pm-4:30pm
- U/16 & U/18 Thursday: 3:30pm-4:30pm
(Training days are subject to change for the upcoming Summer Season 2021/22 due to coaches availability)
U/10-U/18: $185 per season
This includes match fees, player registration, team registration, admin fee, coaching sessions and singlet hire. An online fee of $20.76 will also need to be paid to the basketball association before the first game of each season. Further information about fees is available here.
Coaches & Volunteers
King’s Basketball teams are run by parent volunteer ‘Coaches’ and volunteer ‘Team Managers’. Please understand that if we do not receive volunteers for each team we will not be able to register a team and you will receive a full refund.
Please note, the following information is subject to change between seasons.
By registering my child to play in a King's Basketball Team I agree to the following:
- I have read and will ensure my child adheres to the Player Code of Conduct.
- I have read and will abide by the Spectator Code of Conduct.
- I have read and will abide by the Weekly Sport FAQs.
- I understand the playing season goes over 2 terms and agree that my child will be committed to the team for the entire season.
- I understand that the fees must be paid in full before my child is registered to play.
- I understand that availability on a team may depend upon regular attendance at organised practice sessions.
- I understand I may be placed on a roster to score for my child’s team if needed.
- I agree to return my sports top to the PE office within 10 days of finishing with the team or a $30 fee will be charged to my school account.
Please email the PE staff if you require further information about playing weekly sport for King’s.