King’s provides students with a variety of opportunities to highlight their God-given abilities on various stages. We believe that:
- Sport plays an integral role in educating the whole child (social, spiritual, intellectual, emotional and physical).
- Sport offers opportunities to display and develop character.
- Each student is a unique creation of God with unique abilities, which can be developed through sport.
- Sport promotes the notion of school spirit and identity.
Participation in sport encourages fellowship amongst students, across year levels and between staff, students, parents and others. It provides an opportunity for students, both players and non-players to be visibly involved in school life. This extends to the wider King’s community as many of our coaches and volunteers are parents or past students who give back to the School in this way.
The out of school sports programs at King’s aims to promote:
- Demonstration and development of Christian character.
- The ideals of fair play and honouring the spirit of the game.
- Skill development and teamwork an atmosphere of friendly cooperation and healthy competition.
- Character traits both on and off the sporting arena. This ensures the athlete values the character traits above the desire to be involved in sporting opportunities.
Weekly sport at King’s relate more to involvement than elitism.
South Australian Christian Schools Association
SACSA often compliments the teaching provided during PE lessons and provides a wide range of students an opportunity to compete at a higher level.
School Sport SA
A government run organisation that presents students with a broader opportunity by including public schools in their selection of district and state team selection.
Coaches & Volunteers
King’s values the involvement of our volunteers in the sporting domain and ensures that coaches and volunteers are well-trained and resourced.