‘By the seventh day God had finished the work He had been doing; so on the seventh day He rested from all His work. 3
Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it He rested from all the work of creating that He had done’.
This text from Genesis is a reminder to us that having a break from our work is ordained by God. As we prepare for our rest, it is also good to reflect on a busy, but most productive term.
I thank students, staff and parents for their ongoing patience during challenging times - but equally, celebrate the learning that has occurred despite these challenges.
I pray that the next two weeks are a time of renewal and Sabbath rest as we prepare for Term 4 and the lead up to the end of the year.
The Leadership Team have been considering the structure of our academic year for several months and are now pleased to announce that 2022 will have a different look. The year will be structured to optimise the teaching and learning continuity for all King’s students and to clarify commencement days each term to avoid confusion.
2022 has a calendar anomaly - an additional week! This happens every so often and has provided us with the opportunity to reassess our approach to the calendar.
Therefore, please note the following:
- The vacation break in the middle of the year will increase from 2 weeks to 3 weeks for students.
- Each Term will commence on a Monday for all students. The previously allocated ‘Pupil Free Days’ at the start of Terms 2 and 3 (designated for staff professional development) will effectively move to the extra week in July where staff will undergo professional development and then enjoy two weeks leave.
- Under this arrangement, the number of face-to-face teaching days remains the same.
Our dates for 2022 are as follows:
- 10 January: Main Office Opens
- 24 January: Teaching Staff Commence
- 26 January: Australia Day Public Holiday
- 31 January: Term 1 Commences & All Students Return
- 14 April: Term 1 Concludes (11 weeks)
- 2 May: Term 2 Commences & All Students Return
- 1 July: Term 2 Concludes (9 weeks)
- 25 July: Term 3 Commences & All Students Return
- 30 September: Term 3 Concludes (10 weeks)
- 17 October: Term 4 Commences & All Students Return
- 9 December: Term 4 Concludes (8 weeks)
- 14 December: Teaching Staff Conclude
- 16 December: Main Office Closes
We anticipate that this change will assist the continuity of our teaching and learning programs and provide clarity and convenience for our King’s families.
Please also note that our online calendar will be available on the website in the very near future.
Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any concerns or questions.
Have a blessed break.